Friday 6 March 2020

Linux Mint XFCE on the Lenovo m93p Tiny - Themes

So the second hand Lenovo Tiny is still chugging along nicely, and so far worth every bit of the $200 it cost me.  It looked like replacing the BRIX would cost me an arm and a leg - if I could get a decent replacement with the specs I like.  This m93p is exactly what I needed for now.

I am not missing KDE / Plasma as much as I thought I might, and I have themed Mint XFCE using a combination of stock or downloaded themes, and my own mods.


My overall theme in Settings > Appearance > Style is called Pop-slim-dark.
My Window Decorations are in Settings > Window Manager > Style and called WM-RAD-OS
My Icon Theme at present in Settings > Appearance > Icons is 'learning-to-fly'


I modified a couple of themes to combine the Wide (grab-able) Borders I like, with the translucent and slightly 3D Titie bar.  Then I modded some buttons from Aeonflux to get some big squared buttons for Minimize-Max/Restore-Close.  Perhaps a bit rough and ready, but it works for me.


The rest of the theme provides a nice translucent panel in the Mint Menu, and with XFCE ticking along nicely, all is good with the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment