I've had another long break from posting, partly because of serious health problems here. However, the Linux world hasn't stood still. Since I switched away from Linux Mint, and back to KDE neon, I've had a much smoother ride. While KDE - Plasma doesn;t suit everyone, it is one of the nicest and most configurable Desktops for an Operating System in the computer world.
While KDE's new KDE-Linux already runs plasma 6.8, KDE neon is only up to Plasma 6.7.5 (at 8th August 2026). There's not a lot of difference though and much of it is just fine tuning.
One of the nice things about Plasma Desktop is that things just 'work'. Hmm, I've said that before. Another is that I can configure it to look just the way I want it to. This week I fired up an App I'd played with some time ago and not found a use for. I have a 42KB file that I use for a Wallpaper sometimes, showing me sailing my old yacht 'Shepherd Moons' up the coast here in Queensland. The image was cropped out of a photo someone on a yacht about half a kilometre away took. I have almost no photos of my boat actually sailing, so I was glad to take even the pixellated low res crop.
Upscayl surprised me. It can be slow, but the result is amazing.
The original image:
Processed with one of Upscayl's AI Models:
And a little saturation using GIMP:
The result is an image that can be printed at a decent size without a heap of blocky pixel artifacts.
My KDE Desktop now looks like this:
the Upscayl website is here:
https://upscayl.org/
There are text based Tutorials online and video tutes in YouTube.
No comments:
Post a Comment