Wednesday 6 May 2020

Still Playing with Mint 19.3 Xfce and Compiz

Compiz is still throwing some challenges at me.  I was warned that it has a few 'quirks' and I'm finding some of them.
I've played with quite a few of the weird things it can do, and now the novelty is wearing off I am settling back into a combination of the things I actually like about what it can do, and the things I used to like about KDE.


Finding out just which underlying GTK themes from xfwm4 work well in conjunction with the Metacity themes in Compiz.  Some of my favourite themes look fine, then I find something broken.
Like the GT3 theme I was using.  It worked nicely and looked good, but interfered with Thunar's ability to select text in various operations like 'Rename' for example.


I think I sorted it out though.  In the mean time my Cube has eight faces, six sides plus a top and bottom, instead of being a cylinder.

No comments:

Post a Comment