Tuesday 26 March 2019

Plasma 5 with Dolphin Transparent and 3D Dark Transparency on deektop Theme

A few friends asked me for instructions to create the transparent themes I am using now on Plasma 5 Kubuntu 18.10.
All the themes I use are available online, most through Discover.  The exception is Kvantum, which I detailed a couple of posts previously - and it can also be found by googling.

This post is step by step in pictures.  You could choose your own particular mix.

Please note my monitor is a 50 inch LED at 1680x1050, so my font size choice is 14pt :-)

















Note DOLPHIN is set to 'Transparent' in the image Below



I selected a couple of GTK programs to use the Kvantum style - but it had little effect.


Oddly though, Openshot Video Editor picked up the full Kvantum theming including the transparent background area.



No comments:

Post a Comment