Thursday 23 February 2017

LibreOffice suddenly very slow in Linux Mint 17 and 18

I have been having serious problems with LibreOffice taking forever to scroll pages and move or resize graphics recently.  I checked Google and found other people have been having this problem for a long time.

Suggestions to fix it range from making sure Hardware Acceleration is ENABLED or DISABLED, Enabling or Disabling GL, messing with memory and anti-aliasing.

None of that worked for me.  So I wondered if it was something to do with the version.  Had some update messed with things?

I downloaded the last version 4.x.x  but when I checked in Synaptic to remove version 5.3, I saw another version 1:5.1.4-0ubuntu1.  So once I removed version 5.3 I simply installed the other version in the repository.

Problem solved for now.  Everything is running smoothly again.  Now, I'm running what is apparently version 1:5.1.4-0ubuntu1, but help calls it Version: 5.1.4.2
Build ID: 1:5.1.4-0ubuntu1

Whatever it is, it seems to be working fine.  So there must be some sort of drama with Libre 5.3.

Now I have ot fixed in Mint 18.1 XFCE the next step will be to see if the same thing works in my old faithful Mint 17.3  KDE.


No comments:

Post a Comment