The two web browsers I use most are FlashPeak-Slimjet http://www.slimjet.com/en/dlpage.php (based on Chromium)
and Cyberfox (based on Mozilla).
I use those because they are much faster and better featured for my purposes than Chrome or Firefox, but once in a while they can do strange things, Like many things in Linux though, the solution is sometimes very simple.
Today Slimjet refused to boot, When I tried opening it from a terminal it came back with a 'segmentation fault'. That usually means a corruption in the configuration, and as it happened, the last thing I did before it died was write some weird changes to the program. But it can happen sometimes when you just change the wrong thing in settings.
The fix in this case was just to rename the 'slimjet' folder in the hidden '.config' folder in my home directory. I called it 'slimjet-old' then I tried starting slimjet again. It ran, and when it ran, it created a new folder in /.config called 'slimjet'.
I opened the 'slimjet' folder and the 'slimjet-old' folder, then copied the folder called 'Default' from the 'slimjet-old' folder to the new 'slimjet' one.
Doing that restored things like my speed dial and bookmarks.