Saturday 25 July 2015

PCDUINO v3B XBMC won;t play mpg and mpeg videos - by Ross Devitt

The longer I play with the PCDUINO v3B, the more things I find that are wrong with it.  but so far,with the exception of that problem creating a bootable, usable 32GB micro SD card, the other problems seem to have solutions.

One annoying thing that I discovered when I got my 1 Terror Bite portable USB 3.0 hard drives drives working in the pcDuino 3B was that while mp4 files played great, I have a heap of old mpg and mpeg videos that would not work.  Generally as XBMC was working through a playlist as soon as it encountered an mpeg or mpg extension, it simply shut down and dropped to the desktop.

I can't guarantee this solution this will fix it for everyone, but it worked for me.

Open a terminal and type:

sudo apt-get install mplayer2


Then hit enter and wait.  You might have to hit enter again if it asks you for a Y/n choice.

Next do:

sudo apt-get install libavcodec-extra-53 

And hit enter again.

It was that simple.  As soon as I opened XBMC again it played all my mp4 and mpg and mpeg videos.  I haven't checked to see if avi files are still playing.  I must admit i was so excited I forgot.

Anyway, just another tip for pcDuino v3B users.  Hope it helps.

Cheers,

RossD.

No comments:

Post a Comment